WSU Master Gardeners are your neighbors and members of your community
We provide the funding and resources to optimize the effectiveness of our people, the impact in our communities and the partnership with our university.
Holiday Plant Workshop
Sunday, November 26th 1:00 p.m. to 3 p.m. the Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties will be hosting a Holiday Plant Workshop. It will be held in the Borden-Seabert Exhibition Building (aka the Dog Barn) on the Grays Harbor County Fairgrounds in Elma. Come learn some fun and useful information about holiday plants and forcing bulbs. Find more event details here
Join Us in Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the WSU Extension Master Gardener Program
The Master Gardener program began here in Washington State, in Pierce and King Counties, in 1971 as a way to meet a high demand from the growing population for horticulture and gardening advice. The first trial plant clinic was successfully held at the Tacoma Mall in 1972. Following that, the Master Gardener Program and training were established with 300 graduates in 1973. Today there are over 4000 volunteers in Washington state and the Master Gardener program extends into all 50 states, Canada, and South Korea. The program is also emulated in other countries around the globe.
Original Master Gardener Plant Clinic in 1973; several Master Gardeners helping members of the public.
More About the Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties
The WSU Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific Counties are volunteers trained to be effective community educators in gardening and environmental stewardship. Master Gardeners provide information generated from research at WSU and other university systems. In addition to areas listed below, visit our menu above to obtain more gardening information.
Master Gardener Events
The WSU Master Gardeners of Grays Harbor and Pacific counties host many events throughout the year including:
- Master Gardener Training
- Training is offered every other year, in even years. The next Master Gardener Training will be offered starting in January 2024. Applications are now being accepted. Learn more here
- Annual Garden Tour
- Each summer we provide an opportunity to walk through several select private gardens in our local area with Master Gardeners on hand to share information Learn about this year’s tour.
- Home and Garden Show
- This is our WSU Master Gardener annual spring one-stop gardening education and shopping event. You’ll find how-to gardening seminars and the region’s best gardening, gifts, and home-remodeling ideas and services, all under one roof. Learn more about the Home & Garden Show.
- Plant Clinics
- Clinics provide information to the general public and assist in finding research-based solutions for individual gardening problems. Learn more about our clinics.
- Upcoming Events
- See the Events Calendar for dates, locations and additional information about clinics, workshops and programs open to the public.